201-281 West Bishop Street
Bellefonte, PA 16823
This project is predicated on the present demand for new housing in Bellefonte, PA and the need for personal care. The building would consist of four or five floors. The first floor could serve as a personal care home. The second floor residents could be served by the personal care facility on a case by case basis.
- 4 to 5 stories
- 45 to 55 one and two bedroom living units for rent or sale
- Site: approximately 2.5 acres
- Target Market: retirees and adults
- Located on Centre Area Transit (CATA) bus route
- Site is close to restaurants, retail shopping, YMCA, and Talleyrand Park (all within 1/4 mile)
- Site suitable for underground parking and additional surface parking
- Could contain a Personal Care facility on the first floor, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom apartment condominium units on floors 2 to 5
- To meet a need for residential condominium/rental housing with a personal care component
- To create a unique residential project that will be a catalyst for the revitalization of historic Bellefonte and that will help invigorate the business community in the downtown area
- To design a building that compliments the historic character of Bellefonte
- To help fill a demand for new housing in the area and attract a diverse group of owners and tenants of all ages while providing a way for retirees/downsizers to transition, if necessary, to a personal care facility
- To create a secure/safe building for the comfort of the residents
- To create an energy efficient building utilizing green technology to minimize maintenance and reduce energy costs
The concept for this project is predicated on the present demand for new housing in downtown Bellefonte, Pennsylvania and the need for personal care. The building would consist of four or five floors. The first floor could serve as a personal care home. The second floor residents, those who are fully capable of living on their own but would like to have access to meals and care “as needed”, could be served by the personal care facility on a case by case basis. They could eventually move to the personal care floor if the need should arise.
The additional floors (3, 4 & 5) would accommodate the tenant or owner who desires new living space in close proximity to downtown Bellefonte. Since this concept is a mixed use, those who are not part of the first floor personal care facility would access the building through a separate entrance and a separate lobby. The majority of the units would consist of two bedrooms, two full baths, fully equipped kitchen, laundry, and private balcony (covered). Attention would be given to sound insulation, energy efficiency and workmanship. The building would be a condominium with units for sale or lease.
The present developer has established a relationship with a personal care facility who would be interested in leasing the first floor of the building which would be dedicated to personal care. The facility would manage the personal care floor and provide services (meals, housekeeping, medications, laundry etc) to the tenants/owners on the second floor.
The present plan provides for covered, secured parking with additional surface parking which could be leased or metered. The lower level of the building would house storage bins, exercise room, and card/game room. The building is located close to shop- ping and restaurants. Centre County provides transportation for seniors and CATA (Centre Area Transportation Authority) provides service between State College and Bellefonte.
This property is in the conceptual stage. The seller will consider the following:
- Sell the land (approximately 3 Acres) which includes a rental house (3 units) and a 4 unit apartment building and the buyer could create a new concept
- Sell the land, with some of the completed engineering on the building and the buyer could proceed to build as designed.
- Partner with the developer by purchasing an interest in the project and completing the project as proposed.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Phone: 814-231-2800 x2