Zion Back Road
Walker Township, Pennsylvania
Bellefonte, PA 16823
- Zion Manor is located approximately 8 miles from Bellefonte and 15 miles from State College and Penn State, and 7 miles to I-99.
- Centre County is generally rural in character. There is ample opportunity for outdoor activities that include hunting, fishing, golf, hiking, swimming, family activities, etc.
- State College is the home of the Pennsylvania State University (Penn State) and is located approximately 20 minutes driving time from Zion Manor.
- University Park Airport (SCE), which is located near State College, is serviced by commuter airlines Delta, US Airways, and United.
- Zion Manor is located within the Bellefonte Area School District (BASD).
- Zion Manor will be a single family residential development consisting of 76 single family detached homes on approximately 30 acres of open land within Walker Township, Centre County. Zion Manor is located south of the existing Smoke Rise Single Family Development and has direct access to Zion Back Road.
- Zion Manor will totally consist of single family detached homes on fee simple lots that will have a minimum lot size of 7,500 square feet.
- Individuals will be able to have one story homes, two story homes, homes with basements, homes built on a slab, first floor master bedrooms, etc.
- Homes will range in size from 1400sf up to more than 3,000 square feet. This will allow individuals to price a home within this community according to their budget.
- 50% of the developable area is common open space. This open space area will be maintained as a lawn area. Walker Township is planning a municipal park on the east side of the development.
- Every lot that is proposed backs up to common open space or proposed township parkland.
- All residential lots will be served with public water, sewer, and underground electric, cable TV, and phone service. All of the streets within the development will be public and will be maintained by Walker Township.
- Proposed streets within Zion Manor will interconnect with the Deerfield development to the west. A hike/bikeway will be constructed to interconnect Zion Manor with the Smokerise Development and the proposed township park to the east.
- There are no age restrictions for the residents of the development.
- Public sidewalks will be constructed on both sides of all public streets throughout the development. Zion Manor has been designed with the idea in mind that residents of Zion Manor will know each other.
- Each home can be custom designed and must be approved by the developer prior to construction. Minimum floor area is 1,400 square feet finished above grade.
- A Community Center may be constructed to serve as a gathering place for residents to do such things as having a pot luck dinners, family functions, informational meetings (health, investments, etc.), social activities such as card playing, sewing, etc. If built, the Community Center would include a fitness room, social room, full kitchen, restrooms, front porch, and rear deck.
- The development will be built in three (3) phases.
SUMMARY OF COVENANTS
Following is a summary of some of the items that will be included in covenants which will apply to Zion Manor and will be recorded in the Centre County Courthouse:
- A homeowners association will be formed that will have a five-person board of directors that will meet quarterly to attend to the business of the association and community. The developer will control the association until 90% of the lots have been sold. The homeowners association is not a condominium association since each property owner will have a fee simple deed to their property.
- Grass cutting of all private lawns and common areas as well as snow removal on all public and private sidewalks and driveways will be provided as part of a lot owner’s membership in the homeowners association. Initially, it is expected that the monthly homeowner’s association fee for this service will be $85-100 per month. Homeowners will be responsible for maintaining their own trees, shrubs, flowers, garden, etc.
- A professional property manager will be employed by the homeowners association to collect all of the monthly assessments. In addition the property manager will enforce the covenants, hire the contractor to cut the grass and plow the snow and maintain the stormwater management facilities.
- Each property owner will receive and be responsible for their own utility bills for water, sewer, cable, propane, trash, electric, internet, phone, etc.
- Homes built in Zion Manor must have a minimum finished floor area, above the road grade, of 1,400 square feet. Finished basement areas are not included in this area. The developer reserves the right to approve plans that may be less than 1,400 square feet under special circumstances. The architecture of the homes is expected to be of a modern contemporary home. No raised ranches, bi-levels or what a commonly called Prairie Homes are permitted. It is strongly encouraged that individuals build homes with front porches so that they can sit on their front porches and say hello to their neighbors as they walk by on the public sidewalks.
- Any exposed masonry foundation materials (i.e., poured concrete, concrete block, etc.) must be covered with stucco, brick, stone or the same building material used on the house.
- Lots cannot be combined or subdivided. Fenced areas and swimming pools are permitted and must meet architectural guidelines as well as placement requirements. Issues regarding fences will be defined in the final covenants.
- Lots are generally intended to be sold to individuals who intend to build within Zion Manor within one year after the purchase of the lot.
- Public sidewalks along both sides of all public streets will be constructed by the individual lot owners as their home is being built. Once completed the sidewalks will be maintained by the property owner’s association.
- No mobile home, shack, metal fence or temporary structure shall be kept, maintained or allowed on the premises except children’s tents or swing sets, nor shall any motor homes, campers, boats, recreational vehicles, uninspected vehicles, trailers or similar vehicles be kept or stored on the premises except in a garage. An outdoor storage structure may be allowed with the approval of the developer.
- No doghouses or kennels may be erected on the premises. All pets must be kept inside the home.
- An outdoor light post that is direct wired to the circuit panel and controlled by a photocell is required to be installed near the driveway and the public sidewalk on each lot.
- All driveways must be paved and can be constructed of bituminous or concrete.
- Homeowners are encouraged to have side load garages where possible.
- Garages shall have the ability to house one to three cars.
The Developer reserves the right to alter or amend the above covenants at his discretion.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Phone: 814-231-2800 x2